my poems

I sat down at my desk last night, and I opened up my word document with all of my poems on it. I still have a handful of poems I need to extract from my blog, to put onto it, and I still need to transcribe quite a few from paper into the document, but over all it is sitting at 57 pages of poems. Looking through it last night, I am thinking that I can probably pull at least half of them, if not 3/4ths of them and use them to put in a book of poetry. I mean, some are specific to a person, and very personal so I dont want to include them. The rest though I think could make a book. People have often told me I should publish them, that I should share them with the world. So that is what I worked on.
I also put together a piece that I am thinking about going and performing tonight at Luna Cafe, it is called "You Feel Me?" I practiced it quite a few times, and feel like I got it down pretty well. I can practice some more, and get an opportunity to get up there and see how it feels to perform it, and see what kind of reception it gets.
I know it is but one small step, but one has to start somewhere, and it is always that first step that is the most difficult.
We'll see where it leads

Comments