a different morning

I woke up this morning, still feeling a bit tired, but my mind was not attacking me. I slept in, I didnt get up to work out, and I got out of bed a little past 6. I was sluggish to get up, but my mind was thinking happy and loving thoughts. I was feeling very fortunate as I lay in bed thinking, before getting up. Feeling loved, thinking back on a conversation with my girlfriend the night before. She had talked to her dad, and told me what she told him about me, and I was humbled. She said that I was the greatest man she had ever met in her entire life. So thinking of that as I awoke, and thinking about how I felt about her, I just thought that everything was goin to be ok.
I went about my morning, and my friend tony was spending the night, and I had to drive him to a trade show that he was going to downtown. He and I had a conversation in the morning, and it helped me to put things in perspective. I was feeling love, inside and out, and in my life. Talkin with him, I realized ,that while I may not be all that enamored with my job, its getting better, and I am getting better at it. That I can still chase after these dreams of mine, my ideas are good ones, and any troubles I have are in fact high class problems. We talked about God, and our idea of it, and what it meant to have faith, and what it mean to help others, and volunteer, and do good deeds. What it meant to act with loving kindness, and what we are passionate about. We talked about our jobs, and careers, and where we wanted to go. The conversation really just helped me to put a lot of things in perspective.
Waht I realized was that I just need to continue practicing active faith. And know that I am on the right path. That fear is not real. That love is real. And I am capable. I have a good job. I have a girl who loves me. and I have good friends.
Life is good. and I will keep working to create the life I have always envisioned, and the life I have today, was the life I envisioned last year, so i'll do the work, take the action, and begin to create tomorrow's life today.
MT

Comments