Sitting to Write

I've sat to write so many times over the last few days/ weeks / months. Every time I sit at the key board, I type a sentence or two, a word, and sometimes I just sit and look at the screen and wonder what I'm even doing trying to write. The questions come swirling in my head, "what are you gonna write about?" , "what are you feeling", "do you have time for this?" "whats the point" and on and on they go. So with each failed attempt to sit and have something come out, the feeling of restlessness increases. It feels like I am beginning to fill up so to speak, and and with no outlet it is starting to make ma bit crazy. I've thought of so many things that I want to do, that I want to share, and write about but when it comes time to sit and write I'm frozen. Is this what it means to have writers block? I've never had it before. I feel like I am about to burst at the seams, that I have all this stuff just itching to get out and because it is so much, I cant sift through one all of them to come out with one idea that makes sense.
I need to slow my mind, I need to breathe, focus, and let it come. If it is all over the place, let it be. Write it down, and sift through it, picking out ideas to expand upon, feelings to describe, dreams to make come true. All along it seems the answer has been screaming at me, and I've just been ignoring it, looking everywhere, and trying everything to bring it out. The answer though is just do it. Just sit, and write, and let the rest figure itself out. Just mentally vommit all over the page, type out as fast as you can all the crazy, creative, funny ideas you have. Bring them forth and the one that calls my name will reveal itself. I just need to try. I need to start.
MT

Comments