Ezekial 25:17

Ezekial 25:17 - "the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison, and destroy my brother. And you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my hand upon thee."

This is a bible verse, made popular by Jules in the movie Pulp Fiction. I love that movie, and have seen it many times. Each time I see it I get something else out of it. There are many layers of meanings, and themes that connect adn overlap throughout the movie. I was thinking abuot this bible verse while I was driving into work this morning and it kept coming up again adn again. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill. And I will strike down upon thee those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother. These parts jumped out at me. I started to see how, through the actions I take, and the kindness of my heart, and the good I do for other people to help them, that I am providing and spreading charity and goodwill. That I am then blessed, and protected from being poisoned or destroyed. The moment had a profound effect. It is a simple principle to apply to your life, be good to others, help where and how you can, and you too will be protected, and blessed from the inequities of hte selfish, and the tryanny of evil men. As I drove in to work this morning, I felt a little more powerful, a lot more humble, and allowed a calming feeling come over me. It is a good place to be.
MT

Comments