you feel me?

I'm not sure where this one came from. I just started writing, and this was what came out. Not born of any love interest, or past relationship. Just a question about how deep your love can go, and how much you can connect with another. It is always a question I guess, and it can always go deeper.

You feel me?
it is a question
multiple meanings
are you asking me if I understand you
if I know what you're talking about
am I picking up what you're laying down
is it a question about whether or not
I can feel the emotion with which you make your point
sharp and direct
understanding its significance
and the power which you convey it
are you asking me if I feel you
holding me
reaching out and holding my hand
next to me cuddled under covers
next to you on the couch
by my side when I feel like crying
in your arms when I actually cry
the warmth of your smile when we laugh together
do I feel you?
on the inside when you're not around
the lingering effect of site, touch and sound
the lasting impression you left on my heart
the longing for you
when we're apart
do I feel you and your spirit
uplifting mine
do I feel you when our bodies
intertwine
do I feel your pain
when you are sad
or share your dreams
and the experiences you've had
is this a rhetorical question
you feel me?
Yes. I feel you.
In every possible way.

Comments