Weird with my money

I was thinking about this yesterday, that I am very weird when it comes to my money, and how I spend it. I have always been the type of person who doesnt mind splurging on things, but it is things that I want to splurge on, things that I choose to spend my money on, nobody else. Sometimes I'll be invited out to eat, or to go somewhere, and I'll say no, I dont have the money. The reality is (most of hte time) that I am simply saying that I choose not to spend my money on those particular things or activities, because I dont want to nor do I have enough to do those things AND the things I want to do. On top of that I will need things, literally, but choose not to spend my money on them because I can get by without. An example is my oven. My oven in my house hasnt worked in probably close to two years. If I think about it, it may actually be longer than that. Teh burners on top work, and thats all I really use, and can get by with that so I dont go buy a new oven. Would i use it if I had it, of course I would, but I choose to spend my money on other things. My garage door is also broken. It has been for 4 years or so. My old roommate broke it, adn I've never fixed it. Its on a list of things I'd like to get done, just like the oven, but oher things that I'd rather spend my money on come up. I was thinking about this yesterday as I was buying Cirque De Soleil tickets. I am going to SF this weekend, got a hotel, and planning on going out, eating out things like that. All costs money, but it is all thigns I enjoy and want to do. The following weekend I'll be in LA. I saw that the Cirque show was playing, and was like I wanna go. On top of that, Renee adn I had been having a conversation about wanting to go see some Cirque show in Vegas. I was like, sweet, its in LA, we'll be in LA, I'm getting tickets. Now I could have gotten less expensive tickets, higher up, kind of far away, and saved myself some money. For whatever reason though, when I do things, or buy things, I get what I want, not necessarily what fits within a certain budget. This would be one of those cases. Ratehr than getting the "cheap" (still kind of pricey) seats, I chose to spend money I would have said I didnt have to people if they were inviting me to do things I didnt want to spend my money on. I bought two 3rd row tickets, with VIP entry, VIP parking, access to the lounge before the show and intermission for food, drinks, and desserts, plus we get a souvenir and someo ther stuff. Now, I'm supposed to be on a budget. Saving money to pay off my 2nd on my house. Plus I have all these other things that need attention (oven, garage door, adn plenty of other things). Plus I say "I dont have the money for that" when it coems to doing other things. But when I see something that I want, i figure out a way to make it happen. I guess what I find important and valuable is much differnet than other people. If I am going to go and experience something, I want to get the FULL experience, hence the great seats and VIP. If I cant have that, I will just do without, till I can save enough to do the Full experience. I did the same thign with my car, with my suits, when I go on vacations. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, itsj ust how I am I guess.
So, with that being said, I cant wait for LA. Going to see the Cirque Show will be amazing, and the seats and VIP will make it that much better of an experience. Was it worth it to spend the extra money, to me absolutely. Thats just how I prefer to do things. Do with ALL, or do without.
MT

Comments