not to be outdone

My neighbor text me the other day last week and asked if I was still working out at teh gym in the mornings. He wanted to know if he could start working out wiht me. He is a senior in high school, starting QB on teh football team, one of hte basketball starters, a pretty good athlete. When I met him 4 years ago when he was going into his freshman year, he was small, skinny, and well a boy. Now he is my height, and has packed on a lot of weight, and is about 165 pounds of skinny muscle. I hadnt been working out consistently at all over the last few months, but I've been trying to get back into it. So the first day we meet up is thursday, and we do my workout. He does heavier weight than me, and he has afriend there too who does the same weights as I do. We didnt finish a full routine due to time, and I took it easy as it was my first day back in a while. That was thursday. Sunday, we met up in the morning, this time it was Matt and his two friends from school. We were going through my workout again, this time doign the FULL thing. I hadnt done one of these in months but I wasnt going to be outdone by a bunch of kids. They'd never let me live it down. So I turned it up, and got into it. I was able to not only finish the entire routine, but wasnt getting as tired as they were. Now dont get me wrong. I was exhausted, but I was able to pull off what Ifelt was agood feat of outlasting a bunch of young athletes. Not bad fro a guy in his early 30s. All ay after though, my body was exhausted, but Igot up today and did it again.

Comments