Lonely night

I am all packed and ready to go to LA tonight, leaving for the airport directly after work. Last night I was getting my things together, and had to use a bag that will need to be checked in (I hate checking bags). Shadow (my dog) was sitting there watching me. She always gets sad when she sees me packing because she knows I'm going somewhere. I got most of my stuff together and took her otu for a walk. I let her run around fro a while near my house, and then drove her over to Bills house where she would be staying while I am gone. She loves it over there because he has a pool, but it was sad to leave because hse kept tryin to come with me. Shadow has been my roommate for years, and now that I dont have a person living with me anymore, she is the only company I have had at my hosue as of late. I didnt realize just how much having her around meant to me until i got home. The house was so quiet, and felt so still it was almost eerie. I dont know that I have ever felt so lonely in my own house before. I come from a home where we always had people around, coming and going, different friends or family. Being in a place all by myself was unsettling. Funny as it may sound, I was a bit scared when I shut off hte lights to go to sleep. hahaha.
Well, work then LA LA Land tonight. Should be a godo weekend, and a busy week next week. working out of the LA office Monday and 8 appts lined up all day tuesday and wednesday. Full ass week. Thats not counting the budget meetings I have scheduled next thurs and friday.

I'll embrace it. Love it!

MT

Comments