Como te fue el fin de semana?

Como te fue el fin de semana? How was your weekend? It is one of the daily phrases that one of the assistants at work gives me so I can begin learning a bit of spanish. So when I came in this morning, and I asked my assistant (different one) she responded in spanish, said it was good. But when she asked me about mine, what I replied with was "bien, muy bien" But what I was thinkin in my head was AWESOME. It was AWESOME. I went down to SF this weekend, my fraternity had its 15 year anniversary events going on, and a lot of old friend from college were in town. I didnt sign up to participate in much, but I went down there anyway nad was able to visit and hang out with a lot of different people, on top of doing stuff out on my own. IT was a great balance.
So friday nighth, I was able ot go and watch the high school football game, where the neighbor matt was playing. If you read my blog this is the kid I have been working out wiht at the gym. I sat with his mom and his grandparents, nad we watched Matt lead his team to a win, great game. Then I went, got my stuff together, and grabbed Shadow and we headed down to Renees house. Sat mornin, we get up, I take shadow for a walk, and we get our stuff together and head down to the city. My friends down there were complaining of drizzly and rainy weather, so I was expecting that. We dropped the dog off at my parents house, and head across the bay bridge and we could not have asked for better weather. IT was like 70+ degress out, not a cloud in the sky, no wind, it was unreal. This was definitely not typcial November SF weather. IT was like hte weather Gods were on our side this weekend. We check into our hotel, which has a decent view, and a great bed, and drop our stuff off, and head out. We jump in a cab, and head on over to my frined Aaron's gf's house for a BBQ. Her apt is AMAZING. It is up near COIT tower, with views of hte bay, and just spectacular inside, decorated very nicely, the whole nine. PLUS she had stiars that head up to a roof deck where we had a BBQ. Having mentioned the weather, you can imagine how great it was to be sitting up there, visiting with great friends, nad enjoyin some amazing food. IT was a great way to kick off hte weekend. Having had enough of the company, renee and I decide we're heading back to our hotel, but rather than getting a cab, we decide to explore the city a bit. WE stopped at a cafe in North Beach, get a coffee (tea) and relax. We walk through China town stopping in to differnet stores. We walk up to Nob Hill, admire Grace Cathedral, go inside the Fairmont and check it out, stop in my old corner store for waters, down through union square, and back to our hotel.
NExt up for the evning was getitng dolled up, and heading out to a fundraising event. The evening weather was JUST AS GOOD as the day time weather. IT didnt get that cold, or windy, and that is just crazy. The event was pretty cool, I got to see some old friends, and support their cause. WE ennjoyed some of hte art, the music that was playing, and stayed for about an hour. Then we went and had an amazing late dinner.Encrico's in NB if you've never eaten there before is a good spot. Some Sole (fish) and salad, mmm mmm mmm. From there, we tried to dance for a minute at this club my buddy runs, but that wasnt happening, so we left and went and visited with my friends who had gathered at an old watering hole after the fraternity dinner they attended. Always an interesting time walking into a room full of old Pi Kapps who've already been drinking for several hours, and being completely sober. I am happy to say that everyone seems to be growing up, and doing well. There was lots of laughter, lots of smiles, and everyone was just in great spirits.
Sunday the weather was just as good, adn aside from having to wait for a while to get the car out of the hotel parking lot, everything else was just as good. WE had breakfast near the ferry building, by the water, and then headed out to play sfotball with the fraternity. Another great day, and good times.
From tehre, it was just a matter of picking up the dog, and getting back home.
I woke up this morning, groggy and out of it, and not wantnig to get up, and then I thought back on the weekend, and everyhting it consisted of, and I smiled, and dragged my tired ass out of bed. Time to get back to the grind. Weekends like this though, remind you (me) why I work hard. So I can enjoy times like that.
Next up. . . LA. Next weekend.
MT

Comments