Rives, Train, and Johnny Cash - my weekend

I've had one of the most interesting weekends that I've had in a while. It started out with Aaron coming up to visit me on thursday and friday, and continued on through Saturday and now, Sunday evening. It started off with me hearing this song called, Hey Soul Sister by Train. It is my new favorite song, I cant even begin to tell you how it speaks to me. I will sing this song to the woman I fall in love with, adn she will understand it perfectly, knowing what it means from its sparkling surface to its deep dark depths.


Aaron adn I were out for drinks on Friday evening at Crush 29, Aaron with a glass of wine, and me with a glass of Pellegrino wih a slice of lime. We were talking about my decision to participate in the AIDS Lifecycle Ride of 2010. We started talking about the fundraising element to the ride, and ways that I could come up wtih the necessary money. Events, parties, exhibits, how could I get more people involved, and how could I raise them oney. One of the ideas was to do a poetry slam. I liked the idea but I wasnt really sure it would work out or how. Arron told me about this guy he had seen, and he told me he had sent a video of this guy Rives. I dont remember ever receiving it, but when we got back to my house, Aaron showed me this video. It was one of the most amazing pieces of poetry, charged with so much love, and so much feeling that I was absolutely blown away. I dont know that I ahve been so impressed wtih a live performance of anything the way I was with this mans story of waking up in this womans apartment, and making himself at home, making her a kite, and writing to her a poem that told her just how much he felt when it came to her, and the time they had spent together. It is easily one of the most beautiful things i have ever heard.



So, two things already, that are about love, and feeling and I am not sure if life is beginning to takl to me about something coming into my life. I am a bit surprised at my connection with both, and it shows me yet again that I am so much closer, if not ready to move forward and offer myself, and my heart again to someone. So on sunday , I watch Walk the Line, the movie about Johnny Cash. I dont have time to go into it, but it was touching. I almost cried, well fuck it, I might as well admit, I did shed a couple tears. Watching him, and his struggles, and then seeing June Carter stick with him through it all, help him pull through it, over come some of her own demons, and have them finally be together. I true and very real love story. Those two were together till they died. johnny cash died four months after June Carter. I am going to guess that he simply couldnt live without her, and that when she went, his will to live without her wasnt there.

So all of these things, on top of a few others have me feeling very optimistic, happy, and excited. I think I am going to try and come up with a performance type piece similar to Rives. See how it comes out. Please enjoy both poem, and song, and if you get teh chance, pick up Walk the Line and enjoy a true love story.

MT

Comments