Mega Millions Lottery

I took my production team, Mike and Jeff out to lunch today as a Thank You for the work they do, and the BS they put up with. They tend to get the shit end of the stick far to often, and never enough credit when they do kick ass work. I try to take them out every so often and let them know I appreciate the work they do and what not. Today at lunch we were talking, and right towards the end of lunch, Mike brought up the fact that the lottery was up to 300 million dollars, and after taxes the walk home payout is a little over 200 million. WHAT? I exclaimed, I had no idea. He was talking about going and throwing 20 bucks on some tickets, and we all got to talking about how great it woudl be.
What would you do with the money? First thing you would do? then what? The conversation got lively, and probably a bit fantastical, but it becamse clear that we all had some grand plans for what we would do with the money. Surprising enough, the conversation wasnt so much about buying THINGS, as much as it was enjoying a better lifestyle. Jeff would like to see more live concerts, adn spend more time with his kids. Mike said he would like to get a nice house by the lake, and chill out. Me personally? I said I'd make sure my parents were set up ok, and then head out to travel the world. Stay in hostels, and back pack around, and grow a beard, long hair, and dreadlocks. Perhaps that is the hippy in me. And every so often on my spiritual adventure around the world I would stop into a 5 star resort, a Four Seasons, or something even more exclusive, and demand the most extravagent room they have. I would walk in, dirty, and grungy, and enjoy the finer things in life for a few days, then hit the road again, back to hostels, and camping on the beach, and sleeping under the stars. After that, I'd do something to give back. Start up some sort of organization, where I could bring awareness and action to help people in need.
So after our conversation, we all threw in 20 bucks, bought 60 quick picks, and will find out tonight whether we'll be able to go off and enjoy these new dreamed up lives once we're each 70 million dollars richer.
We all agreed that we'd set a date, if we win, where we'd get together once a year, and come back together and celebrate. Like an annaul thing.

I wouldnt live like a millionaire I dont think. I dont think I'd know how to. I beleive I'd give like one though, at least I'd like to think so.

MT

Comments