7 Views - The Painting!

WOW! So a few weeks ago when Aaron and I were talking about the event in Sept, we talked about having my friend Mike (michael brian peterson) do a painting for the event as well. Have him read through the blog, take a look at the video, and the photos, and come up with something that he felt represented the ride. This was the painting that Mike came up with, and I LOVE IT.


I took one look at it and called Mike right away. I wanted to pick his brain about where his mind was when he painted it, get his interpretation of it first hand. What Mike said, and I wish I could quote him, but this is more of a summary was that he painted the bike, because it was the vehicle that was used for the adventure. He took the image of the bike all loaded up with gear, and placed it on a dream like background. His words. He said he created the background with images, and shapes to come across as "dream like". So you have this dream, the bike, and you can create your own adventure. He also said it looks kind of like an old post card, which is even more fitting to his whole theme. That anyone can have an adventure, and you can dream it, and you can do it, and you can send post cards from wherever you are. I love the License Plate looking number in the top left as well. CA011909 - It is actually the day Aaron and I rode out on teh start of the journey, January 19h 2009 headed for San Francisco, CA. I cant wait to see the painting in person. Mike actually likes it a lot too, and has asked that I put a bid on it for him if he cannot make it, and he will gladly buy it back in support of the cause.
I think it is aweomse, and yet again another example of how this whole cause is bringing so many people together to help support the cause, and do what they can, with their God given talents to contribute. Fricken Amazing.
Nothing like feeling a bit of inspiration on a Friday afternoon.
MT

Comments