Nothing in between




I had a feeling today, while sitting at my desk. I tried to express it in words, and this is what I came up with. Enjoy.

I’m at my desk but my heart isn’t here
Things are not always as they appear
I am lying in the grass under the tall oak tree
A lady bug on my finger and my heart roaming free
The sunlight filters through the leaves
My face soothed by the passing breeze
The grass sings as it sways
I hold you as Jack Johnson plays
It is a melody of love and the words as well
Spring flowers in bloom such a wonderful smell
It is life, it is love, it is the answer within
A truth, an absolute, a place to begin
It is a feeling of peace, a place serene
This beautiful life with nothing in between
Just you and me, our hearts playing free
As Jack sings beneath this oak tree

Comments

Post a Comment