Baseball and Bunny Cake


Yesterday was a great day. A long day. An exhausting day. A GREAT GREAT DAY. I was able to get down to Livermore and watch my nephew play baseball, and what a treat that was. My sister was in town with my nieces. My dad was there. My cousin Jenny and her boy Brayden and her newborn Jackson whom I hadnt met yet. My brother Casey is a coach on the baseball team, and his wife and daughter were in the stands as well. A family event. It was great. To top it off, my nephew Logan was playing catcher, and was able to recover a past ball, and block the plate, and get what would have been the tying run out to save the game. His team one by 1 run. Very exciting.
The reason I came down though was to learn a "family recipe" My Aunt Patty, who passed away used to make a Bunny Cake every easter. It is easily my favorite cake in teh entire world. I looked forward to Easter every year, because I knew that I was going to get some bunny cake, and I loved it. One year, Patty didnt make the Bunny Cake, and my whole world was shaken. I was in disbelief. It was a sad Easter that year, and I told Aunt Patty how much I looked forward to that cake every year. She had no idea, and I think (I know) I made her feel bad. My birthday wasnt far off that year, and wouldnt you know it, I got my very own Bunny Cake for my birthday, and it was the best gift. Every year after that Patty made sure that she made 2 Bunny Cakes, one for me, and one for everyone else. I dont know if she realized how special that made me feel, but I loved it. I have pictures with all my nieces and nephews and I holding up the Bunny Cakes. So with all that being said, I wanted to learn how to make the Bunny Cake, since Patty is no longer with us, and her daughter (my cousin) Jenny lives far away and wont be around every Easter. So after Logans baseball game, I got to go and hang out at my parents, and learned to bake my very own Bunny Cake. It was a great day. And the Bunny Cake turned out even better.
Thanks!
MT

Comments