A week removed from Panama

So its been a little over a week since i ahve been back from Panama, and it is definitely a weird experience trying to get back into the swing of things at work, and pick up where I left off. I feel like the trip changed me, the way I think, the things I want, and look for, and the list goes on and on adn on. I have been nervous that I am going to fall into the same routine I was in before I left, and not be able to get out of it again without some sort of kick start. Now dont get me wrong, my life isnt bad. I mean, I got a good job, I got a place to live, I have good friends, family, adn all that. I am not an unhappy person by any stretch. Its just that I want to be able to focus my time and energy a bit more on some of the goals that I have established for myself, and make sure that I am doing something about them on a daily basis, whether it be large or small, so at least I feel I am making progress towars them. As of right now I have a few things on my list, and I know you may laugh at them, but here they are, in no particular order of preference or priority.
1. Put together fundraising close out event in SF - tentatively planned for April 18
2. Become and underwear model -hahaha I know I know. It started off as a joke, and now has become a bet of sorts.
3. learn spanish - take a spanish class
4. learn to play piano - start taking classes, or practice at home
5. get poem(s) published in journal, magazine, book, or some other literary publication.
6. Write letters to corporate sponsors (or potential sponsors) for Last hill Before home and solicit for contributions

So with that being said, I have begun to poke arond a bit, and do some research on the fundraising event in SF. Like I said above, in speaking with Aaron, we are tentatively setting the date of April 18th. I am looking for some ideas on this, and if anyone has any, please let me know. As of right now, all i know is that we're holding it in San Francisco, it will be open to the public, but we're inviting everyone we know, we are going to have a raffle of some sort, and possibly a theme, and some sort of cultural performers either dancing, or a mariachi band or something like that. One theme that I thought would be cool would be a Jazz Night, where we have a live Jazz band play, and we could have people dress up in cool old school looking Jazz suits and stuff. I dunno though, its jus a thought. If you have any ideas please let mek now.

Other than that, I am not exactly sure why I have been avoiding the blog. I thkn partly because I am feeling a bit of a let down from not being able to continue riding with AAron. I also think the other part is because I wasnt feeling I ahd much more cool and exciting fun shit to write about. Lastly I think I knew that once I sat down adn actually wrote down what my goals were, and what the things I was were working on are, I would then actaully have to start working on them regularly. So thats it. Now the cat is out of the bag.

Lets get to work.
Ideas? Wanna help? PLEASE? hahaha. let me know
thanks
MT

Comments

  1. I went to a superbowl party with Joey Garner, James G., and the K. We spoke about doing something here in LA with him, maybe a fundraiser dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! Aaron is looking for a point person to help put together some sort of fundraising event in LA when he gets to town. What do you think Bakes? you want to do it?
    MT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment