The Day at the Beach

Sunday morning, we just chiiiiiilllled. We were woken up early, like 730am by a group of people in the next little area next to ours, being loud as all get out. They just got theere, and were there for the day, and obvioulsy enjoying themselves. I couldnt go back to sleep after that so I walked my very tired, stiff, and sore body over to the shower. Cause we were camping, my shower consisted of me in board shorts ,with a garden house, and my bar of soap. I would wet my body, soap up, and rinse. It was soooo nice after the daybefore being so long, and not having showered for a day or so or the night before. I went for a walk, and checked out the area and then just got up to the restaurant area where we were staying and got a coffee. I was hoping to wait for Dirk and his wife to wake up cause they sadi they cooked breakfast. I did some reading, and after a car pulled in at 830 and decidd i was time to blast their stereo for a while, aaaron got up, and we hung out. The canadians and australian came over and joined us. There names are David, Mike, and Kate. We ate breakfast, and David is acoffee roaster, and had brought some of his own coffee, and let us try some. It was delicious! I will have to remember to post hte web address. I went and jumped in the water for a bit, and did a bit of body surfing. the water was warm, and the waves were perfect. Not to big, decent break, and rolled for a while to make the ride nice and long. After breakfast and that I got aarons ipod, my book, adn went and laid in one of hte hammocks right there. I fell asleep rocking back and forth, listening to the jazz music Aaron had on there, and never got to my book. I dont know how long I slept, a few hours. When I woke up, Norah Jones was playing, and it was soo beautiful to just lay there, feeling the breeze, rocking back and forht gently, and allowing myself to just wkae up slowly without getting all harried, and in a rush. I had no where to go, and nothing to do. I just lay there, andwatched the clouds for a while. The restaurant had two parrots in a cage, Tucan parrots I belive, so I watched them, adn they had three little green parrots running around on the floor. I watched it al, and just lay there. I began to think of many things. I thouhgt of love, of life, of friends. I recounted some of the moments of hte trip so far that have bene great. I thouhgt aobut some of the things that were coming from this trip that were unexpected, but amazing like the stories and things peole have been sharing, and the support and inspiration we´ve been getting from all the support. I thought of the roads we´d been down, adn the scenery and the people. I lay there and let Norah sing to me, and I felt inspired. It was still. it was nice.
I got up and wrote in my journal for a while, and then woke aaron up from the hammock next to me and we went back over to see dirk and his wife and got some food. Again, it was fantastic. Aaron got some fish ,and I got fried chicken. I drank my first ever canada dry, and I actually liked it which I Was suprirsed about. After that, we went and packed up all our stuff to be ready in the morning, another big day ahead of us, and then went walking around. The sun was starting to go down, so we went back to Dirks place, and got a table right on teh sand, perfect view of hte sunset. He was playing some Cafe Del Mar, which apparentl is some great music they play at this cafe in IBIZA, and it was the perfect, kick ass chill house music to be bumping while we witnessed yet another amazing sunset. We chilled for abit, and got ourselves some dinner. there werent many more options for places to eat, and even if there were I dont know that we would have made another choice, the food was that good. We finished it off with an ice cream, and then it was time to hit the hay. I dont know how long it took before I fell aslepp, but it wasnt long. The day of rest was much needed, and I loved every minute of it.

Comments