I made a decision

I am not exactly sure how I came to the conclusion that I did, but it happened this morning. Last night, I slept very deep, and very quietly, until right before I woke up. I had this dream that I had robbed a bank. I was in the neighborhood where I grew up, and I stole a stack of gold and silver coins that was only worth about 250 dollars or something like that. I got away from the police and was making my way back to my house (my parents house) and there was some sort of celebration going on. People were lighting fireworks, there was a street party going on on my street, and I believe it was for Halloween or something. I ended up getting picked up by the police, nad taken into custody, but it wasnt over. I some how ended up in this jail/ compound, and a plot began to develop about how to escape. Denzel Washington was in my dream, and he was in on helping me to figure a way out. I never got to the point of escape, I woke up before I got there, but it had me thinkin all morning. Where am I trying to escape? Where am I feeling trapped?
I was driving to work this morning, and having my normal thoughts about my job, the work I do, the purpose, and why I do it. Last night I was reading through my book, and it was talking about my paradigms, adn waht types of thoughts limited me, or kept me from chasing dreams. I realized it was all fear. I've been given "leads" from people for years telling me I need/ should do things and I havent done them. this year I took steps in the right direction on some of them, and this morning I decided that I will pursue them. People have told me "you should be on teh radio, you should do voice overs" I will do that. People have said "you should make a book of your poetry" I will do that. I am going to begin the process of getting my poetry ready for publish, and self publish a book of my poems.
The bottom line is this. I am not happy doing what I am doing. Each morning I come in and I get little to no satisfaction from my job. It doesnt help that I am far from my girlfriend, and it doesnt help that I'm tied to a desk all day long. I just get uncomfortable, and after coming across old jorunal entries, and doing more reading about how to bring the life you want into your reality, I see that I have been given the leads to follow and now it is time for me to actually follow them. I know that I will be kicking myslef when I start to do it, nad get results for not doing it sooner.
Anyway. I made a decision today. I will get my voice over demo up. I will transcribe all of my poems into my word document, nad I will look into getting it published.
I am not going to be doin this job much longer, I will be self supporting, making the kind of money that I've always dreamed of, doin things I love ,and have been given the abiltiy and talent to do.
MT

Comments